GREENLANCER’S MISSION IS TO PROVIDE ON-DEMAND EFFICIENCY FOR ITS PARTNERS BY PRODUCTIZING SERVICES.
Early-stage company, located in the heart of downtown Detroit’s thriving tech community in Michigan.
We are Subject-Matter Experts, Designers, Coders, Entrepreneurs and Innovators.
We facilitate the design and fulfillment of permit-ready plan sets for the solar industry.
We enable customer-partners to efficiently serve their customers and scale across the
markets in which they do business.
About the Position
Purpose: The Systems Engineer will work on complex technical projects that include solving problems and providing solutions. This role will be responsible for implementing technical strategies, ensure stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support our software platforms. This position will support and maintain a system infrastructure, end-user, and network environments while assisting the CTO with the daily management of the Technology department functional responsibilities.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in systems engineering or related technical or scientific field or relevant work experience
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and internet standards
- 3 or more years experience in Operations / IT, leading teams and managing servers
- Experience working with Linux/Windows system administration
- Ability to script and automate
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting end user issues
- RHEL or CentOS 6/7+ experience
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional Accreditation
- Experience with Penetration testing
- Red/Blue team experience
- Familiarity using any of the following technologies:
- Cisofy Lynis
- Configuration management such as Chef/Ansible/Puppet/Salt(CAPS)
- Atlassian Confluence/JIRA
- Windows Server 2008 onward
- Experience supporting NodeJS and PHP applications
- Strong business process/system analytical skills
- Ability to train others on technical and procedural topics
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, business critical situations
- Experience using microservices
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Setup and install new servers and network equipment
- Identify and resolve systems and network related performance problems
- Support the back office and application servers
- Participate and contribute to the implementation of a comprehensive disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Manage Anti-virus software upgrade, deployment, and maintenance
- Manage office door security assignments and terminations
- Resolution of escalated hardware failures and server outages, including data recovery
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations for the purchase of products and services
- Proactive in looking for improvements based on customer feedback
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server infrastructure and environment
- Follows and promotes standard operating procedures
- Monitors systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Schedules and performs installations and upgrades in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Perform updates to network hardware and operating systems
- Provides support to the team on network hardware and operating systems to include system utilization, response time, detection and correction of operational problems.
- Participates in planning design, technical review, and implementation of our software platforms
What We offer
- Employer Contribution toward Employee and dependent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Opportunities to meet and collaborate with Executive Leadership
- Eight PTO (paid time off) days after your first 90 days
- New, state-of-the-art office space and work environment
- Supportive learning environment with opportunities to grow
- “Work. . .Mentor. . .Grow” environment
- Excellent Work/Life balance
- An Opportunity to work with creative and talented team members
GreenLancer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please email your resume with the subject line “SYSTEMS ENGINEER” and a personal introduction along with any other relevant attachments to email@example.com to be considered for this position.